Lately I seem to be signing myself into different things. I see it as adding different experiences to my blogging experience. This time it is a blog hop (I had never heard of such a thing before) organized by Paper Love . They want each participant to write about why they love paper. Boy do I love paper!! So here it is!
Why I love it (since I was very little I want to add):
- it is beautiful, BEAUTIFUL
- it makes my heart sing
- it's many textures
- and sizes and colors and shapes
- it has allowed me to write so many, many letters
- and read so many, many books
- and wrap so many presents
- and make so many things that have made me so very happy
- all the amazing possibilities a blank page offers
- to be able to paint, draw, cut, even embroider on it, it's just b l i s s
I would also like to mention the times I haven't loved it:
- paper sheets (the sleeping kind). Oh yes, they exist! And yes they are the most uncomfortable invention ever.
- paper cuts (those terrible little things do hurt).
- paper cups (especially those cone shaped ones placed near water dispensers usually at a doctors office). "Here we offer you water, but only little sips, don't go drinking the whole gallon!"
- that it can be unforgiving - cut the wrong way, paint it badly and well, there it goes! Start over!
- and sometimes very expensive
- when it wrinkles and it is not supposed to
- when it gets wet and it is not supposed to
- the damp, musty smell when it's not properly cared for - yuck and achooo!!
I can't wait to see what everyone came up with. It has been fun thinking about what is it about paper that I love so much. And not so fun trying to put it into words. So even if I couldn't describe it perfectly, I must say it has been one of the most constant things in my life. I always go back to paper, no matter what! May books and letters (the paper kind) never die!!
The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper! Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight. And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts ). Led by book artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five week creative adventure for paper lovers. Find out more here.
Majo Bautista / Tona Bell / Louise Best / Cathy Bluteau / Jennifer Bomgardner / Giova Brusa / Lindsay Buck / Beka Buckley / Joanna Caskie / Jonathan Chapman (Mr Yen) / Halle Cisco / Sarah Clare / Cathryn Clarge / Dawn Clarkson / Rhiannon Connelly / Jenny D'Fuego / Molly Dhiman / Ian Dudley / Ayisatu Emore / Akmal Farid / Monika Forsberg / Claire Fritz-Domeney / Louise Gale / Chrissy Gaskell / Julie Hamilton / Emma Hawman / Rachel Hazell / Holly Helgeson / Claudine Hellmuth / Kim Henkel / Sarah Hoffman / Joanne Hus / Paula Joerling / Beth Kempton / Julie Kirk / Eos Koch / Katie LaClair / Kristy Lankford / Michelle Manolov / Doreen Marts / Rosie Martinez-Dekker / Tori Mears / Maria Mederios / Lise Meijer / Debbie Miller / MaryJane Mitchell / Suzy Naidoo / Grace Noel / Hannah Nunn / Camilla Olsson / Jo Packham / Rachelle Panagarry / Monette Pangan / Melanie Paul / Nicole Piar / Jen Pitta / Liz Plummer / Julie Reed / Michelle Reynolds / Lisa Rivas / Angee Robertson / Natalie Ryan / Aisling Ryan / Elisabet Sapena / Kyrrha Sevco / Jamie Sprague / Elizabeth Steele / Terri Stephens / Juniper Stokes / Mary Tanana / Maike Thoma / Linda Tieu / Gabrielle Treanor / Tammy Tutterow / Deborah Velasquez / Jordan Vinograd Kim / Cat Whipple / Brooke Witt / Katie Wood / Amelia Woodbridge
Have a wonderful day!