Monday, March 23, 2015

Opening drawers

While in London last week, (or was it 2 weeks ago already?), I was lucky enough to stay at my friend's place. She considers herself a "charityaholic" but I think it has to do more with a very well trained eye, and superb taste to find the things she has been able to find.

Inspiration is apparently everywhere you look (so "they" say). I find it much easier to access it when you happen to have a friend that lets you go through her drawers and explore. Preferably they would have to look as beautiful and exquisitely curated as the ones below. Not just any drawer will make the cut, mine for example, don't even come the tiniest bit close to these.

I know part of looking through a drawer is also the experience of it, of being able to move things to see what more is in there. I can assure you it was a very exhilarating hour or two. In the meantime just looking through will do, right?






This piece and the piece below are part of her work, which just like her drawers are absolutely beautiful.



I think I can officially declare myself a nosy parker, a closeted one that is, because I won't ever go through anyone's drawers unauthorized, but in my mind that would be the thing I would think of most. I'm so, so happy I got the chance to see my friend's house and her collections.

I think that is one of the reasons I started my Crafty series, so I can see where and how people lived, their collections and sensibilities.

Here's hoping I get to open many more drawers to see beautiful things, and wishing you a bright and lovely day,
Giova.
P.S: Thank you C. for letting me open your drawers!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! <3 <3 <3 those drawers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lein, I know :) opening these drawers and all others not shown was the highlight of my week :)

      Delete
  2. What spectacular drawers! ....and her work is just lovely......
    Glad she shared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad she let me open all of them. One by one I marveled at all her beautiful things, and how she placed them all.
      Her work is indeed out of this world :)

      Delete
  3. No me diga mas!!!! cada cosita. Cada detalle.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Por eso las imágenes valen mas que mil palabras, jaja, ya sabia q te iban a encantar estos cajones :)

      Delete
  4. One of the things that people do when they visit my flat is look around EVERYWHERE. I'm often amused but also very happy to share.

    What great drawers and how organised...

    It's nice being nosy and I would do the same if I stayed there. I think you would have a good time looking through my stuff too. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely I hope this is an invitation to open your drawers next time???
      Hahaha
      She does have beautiful taste, or taste similar to mine and that is why I'm so attracted to these :)
      Let me know the location of those drawers ;)

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness, Giova, these drawers are a thing of extreme beauty. Stunning collections and so elegantly displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? I loved exploring each and everyone of them, and every time I would open one, I went, ahhhhh, noooooo, omg, etc… haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...